Terms & Conditions
Below we have listed important legal terms that apply to anyone who visits the VetHub or uses those services. These terms are necessary in order to protect both you and us, and to make our services possible and more enjoyable for everyone. Southfields offers a wide range of services and functionality and part of the terms below may not be relevant to the specific services you use.
We understand that legal terms can be exhausting to read, and we’ve tried to make them as clear and as transparent as we can.
- Southfields Veterinary Specialists offers online and mobile services and tools.
- To use certain sections of our services, you need to create a user account.
- You should keep your username and password protected and safe, and only allow people you trust to access your account or website settings.
- All activities that occur under your user account are your responsibility. The account information you provide us must be your own (or your practice’s), and be accurate and complete. When a user account is disputed, we may determine the ownership of such user account.
- In order to use our services, there are certain obligations and conditions you need to meet. Amongst others, you need to be of a certain legal age of majority, reside and use our services in a permitted location.
- In addition, you must own all rights in any content you upload or publish or that we access, import and/or upload for you via our services, ensure that such content is legal and reliable, and that anything you do with it (or enable Southfields Veterinary Specialists or your end users to do with it) is legal.
- You must comply with all applicable laws.
- You will be responsible for your actions and for the actions of anyone who accesses your user account or user platform settings.
- Southfields Veterinary Specialists may impose restrictions depending on your specific usage of the Service.
- In general, we just want you to be nice, and avoid doing anything that might harm us or anyone else.
- Amongst others, you may not copy our materials, use any content in an illegal or harmful manner, use our services or content on any platform or website not provided by us, make any misrepresentations or abuse our services, or otherwise violate anyone’s rights or any applicable laws.
- Failure to abide by any of these rules may bring us to cancel your account and stop providing you with any services.
- You own all rights to your content. We may handle your content in order to provide you with our services.
- We own all rights in and to our services, content, data, technology and features. You may use our services and content so long as you fully comply with these terms.
- If you witness or experience any misconduct or abusive behaviour by anyone using our services, please let us know.
- We make no warranties regarding our services, including their quality, reliability, security, compatibility and conditions.
- There are risks in using our services or anyone else’s services. You accept such risks. Some of our services are still in BETA, and may contain bugs or experience interruptions.
- Subject to applicable law, we will not be liable for any damages.
- If we get sued or are otherwise placed in harm’s way because of something you did, you will bear the associated costs and damages.
- We may make changes to our services or to these terms at any time.
- These terms and our relationship shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes between us may only be brought before the courts of England and Wales.
- Accepting these terms and services does not form a partnership or any special relationship between us.
- These terms (together with additional terms) shall constitute the sole and entire agreement between us.
By using our Services, you acknowledge that you have read our Privacy Statement available at https://www.mars.com/privacy (“Privacy Statement”).
In order to access and use certain sections and features of Southfields Veterinary Specialists Services, you must first register and create an account with Southfields Veterinary Specialists (“User Account”).
If anyone other than yourself accesses your User Account and/or any of your User Platforms’ settings, they may perform any actions available to you (unless as specifically stated otherwise on Southfields Veterinary Specialists Services), make changes to your User Platform(s) and User Account, and accept any legal terms available therein, make various representations and warranties and more – and all such activities will be deemed to have occurred on your behalf and in your name.
Therefore, we strongly encourage you to keep the log-in credentials of your User Account confidential, and allow such access only to people you trust - as you will be solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account and/or User Platforms (including for any representations, warranties and undertakings made therein), whether or not specifically authorised by you, and for any damages, expenses or losses that may result from such activities.
You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your User Account and using Southfields Veterinary Specialists Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. We strongly encourage you to provide your own (or your company’s) contact details, including your valid email address, as we may use it to identify and determine the actual and true owner of the User Account and/or User Content (as defined below) submitted to us.
In case of a dispute on User Account ownership, we reserve the right to determine ownership to a User Account based on our reasonable judgment, whether or not an independent investigation has been conducted by us. However, if we cannot make such determination (as we may deem in our sole discretion), we reserve the right to avoid doing so and/or suspend a User Account until the parties disputing such ownership, reach a resolution, without liability to you or to any other party. We may request documentation (e.g. government-issued ID, a business license) that may assist us in determining ownership. Among others, we may consider the principles set forth below.
- Southfields Veterinary Specialists will consider the owner of a User Account, User Platform and/or User
Content created and/or uploaded to the relevant Southfields Veterinary Specialists Service, as the person or
entity who has access to the email address then listed in Southfields Veterinary Specialists’ records
such User Account under which such User Platform or User Content was created.
- Notwithstanding the forgoing, Southfields Veterinary Specialists shall have the right to determine the ownership of User Content as it chooses, including by ignoring the indications set forth above, in event Southfields Veterinary Specialists deems, at its sole discretion, that the situation justifies such determination, all based upon the factual situation as determined by Southfields Veterinary Specialists.
You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and
the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into Southfields Veterinary Specialists Terms and to form a
binding agreement, for yourself or on behalf of the person or entity committed by you to Southfields
- you understand that Southfields Veterinary Specialists does not provide any legal advice or any recommendation with respect to any laws or requirements applicable to your use or any of your End Users, or your compliance therewith;
And specifically, regarding your User Content:
- you confirm you own all rights in and to any content uploaded or provided by you, or imported, copied or
uploaded by Southfields Veterinary Specialists Services for you, to your User Platform (“User
Content”), including any images, videos, files, interfaces, usernames, information you provide for the
purpose of creating material (“Content”), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full
power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the User Content, as necessary to legally access
import, copy, use, publish, transfer or license such User Content, by you and us or any of our
- the User Content is (and will continue to be) true, current, accurate, non-infringing upon any third-party
rights, and in no way unlawful for you to upload, import, copy, possess, post, transmit, display or
use, in the country in which you reside, or for Southfields Veterinary Specialists to access, import, copy,
upload, use or possess in connection with Southfields Veterinary Specialists Services;
- you have obtained all consents and permissions required under all applicable laws, regarding the posting, transmission and publication of any personal information and/or image, entity or property which is part of the User Content, and you will adhere to all laws applicable thereto.